Sunday, November 11, 2012

Realization of the Self that is Free from Sense of I-ness


Realization of the Self that is Free from Sense of I-ness
(Meinpan se Rahit Swaroop ka Anubhav)



Shree Hari
continued....

We like to exist eternally (we want to remain alive always). This desire does not arise in that element which does not exist eternally and nor does it occur in that element which exists eternally. This desire arises in that which exists eternally, but in which the fear of death has entered.

The fear of death comes due to association of perishable nature, because inert nature is perishable, but the eternal existence is imperishable. The meaning is that by adding "I" in the divine existence "is", we create the desire for living. Therefore the desire for living is neither in "I" nor in "am" but rather in "I am" – it exists in this identity. Due to this fusion of two separate identities, the desire for sensual pleasure and the quest for salvation - both of them exist.

"I am"- in both of them, if we give importance to "I", then the desire for worldly enjoyments and accumulations shall arise. If we give priority to "am", then the desire for God (salvation) shall arise. When the presumed relationship with "I" i.e. its identification shall come to an end, then the desire for worldly objects will come to an end and the desire for God shall be fulfilled. The reason is that the entire world is always incomplete, therefore its desires never get fulfilled and God is complete, therefore His desire never remains unfulfilled which means it is always fulfilled.

Whether it is the desire for worldly pleasures or the desire for salvation; all desires arise due to identification, we become free from bondage during our own life time, but we don't realize this liberation because of the identification of the self with "I". Therefore the entity which is already attained by all of us eternally, the same reality is achieved and that perishable which is always detached, the same is eliminated or it comes to an end.

Our Realization of Reality

Question: "I" is a separate entity and "am" is a separate element, how can we realize their separation?

Answer: All of us know that in wakeful state and in the state of dreams, we have dealings but in sound sleep there are no dealings. The reason being that in the state of sound sleep, "I"-ness does not remain awakened, but it merges in ignorance, but our own existence persists, therefore after awakening from sound sleep, we say that I slept so soundly that I knew nothing during that sound sleep. So when I did not know anything, it proves that "I" (the self) was aware of not knowing anything during that period, otherwise how it could be said that I knew nothing about that period. This thing has proved that during the period of awakening and dream, when "I" ness remains awakened our existence is always present and in sound sleep despite "I" ness not being awakened, our existence remains undoubtedly. Therefore we are knower of the feeling of "I" ness and also the absence of "I" ness. If we were not distinct from "I" ness, we had been only in the form of ego, then in the state of "I" ness, we would also not have been in existence. Therefore without "I" ness our self existence is naturally proved.

We know the presence (existence) or absence (destruction) of ego (I) i.e. we know both the aspects of this "I" but no one knows absence or elimination of one's own self because the self is never non-existent -

"Naabhaavo vidhyate satah" (Gita 2/16)

"The real never ceases to be."

From book "For Salvation of Mankind" by Swami Ramsukhdasji

Ram Ram

*********************************************************
If in doubt regarding the translation, please read the original Hindi message by Swamiji.

FOR MESSAGE IN HINDI PLEASE VISIT Date : 4th November, 2012 (Meinpan se Rahit Swaroop ka Anubhav) at http://www.satcharcha.blogspot.com/

****************************************