Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Aspirant, End and Means



(Saadhak, Saadhya tatha Saadhan)

Shree Hari
continued.......

The significance of this insight is that, those things which; we get (come together), that later depart are likely to break away from us, i.e. they cannot be ours. That thing, which is born and later perishes, cannot be ours. That which come and goes away, cannot be ours. Because the Self (swayam) is not one that is born and later destroyed, it is not one that comes and goes away, it is not one which appears and later disappears. With this it confirms that in infinite Universes absolutely nothing, not even a particle of dust is ours.

The second point is - There is Nothing I Want. An aspirant should think over, that in this entire Universe, when there is nothing at all that is my very own, then what do I want? Only by regarding this body as ours, desires are born, such as, we need food, we need water, we need clothes, we need a house etc. Disassociating (remaining apart) from the body, an aspirant should inquire, what do I desire, what do I really want? The point is that when an aspirant accepts this Truth that when nothing at all is mine, then he becomes capable of accepting that - there is nothing I want.

The third point is - "I am nothing". All human beings perceive the body and the world but not perceived the;"I". The body is seen and the Self is experienced (existence is felt), but "I" is neither seen, nor experienced. One is only conscious of "I". When an aspirant accepts the truth that he wants nothing, then he becomes capable of accepting the fact - "I" am nothing. That, in which there is the sense of mine (attachment) in the world and that in which there is desire to know God, is assumed to be "I", but in fact "I" is nothing. "I" does not exist. In deep sleep the "Self" remains but "I" does not remain (It merges in ignorance). All humans perceive this Truth. "I am Nothing" and "There is Nothing I Want" -When an aspirant realizes these two truths, then "I" merges into Existence i.e. "IS". The Self (Consciousness) merges with Supreme Consciousness (God) and the inert elements (body/mind/intellect) merge with inert matter. Then nothing else remains besides Existence, "IS" (Consciousness principle).

The properties of Nature (Prakriti) are objects and activity. Objects are produced (born) and destroyed (die). For any activity, there is a beginning and an end. Dependence on objects and things, such as this body, is like depending on something other (paraashraya) than your Self; while dependence on activity and actions is dependence on hard work and effort (parishram). To realize God, neither activity, nor objects are required at all. In worldy matters, doing (activity) is most important, whereas, in realizing God, "inaction" (inner stillness) is most important. God cannot be realized, with the help of this body and this world. That which pervades everywhere, how can it be realized through "actions"? On the contrary, by doing something (activity), that essence (God) is distanced. (to be continued)

Click on the play icon, to listen to "Aspirant, End and Means " in English.

From book "For Salvation of Mankind" by Swami Ramsukhdasji
Ram Ram

*********************************************************
If in doubt regarding the translation, please read the original Hindi message by Swamiji.

FOR MESSAGE IN HINDI PLEASE VISIT Date : 20th November, 2012 (Saadhak, Saadhya tatha Saadhan) at http://www.satcharcha.blogspot.com/

****************************************