Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Practical and Priceless Talks for Aspirants


I am a Yogi, I am a seeker of knowledge (jigyasu), I am a devotee (bhakt), I am an aspirant (sadhak) - this is not the gross body of the aspirant, rather it is the inner disposition "bhaav sharir". The gross body does not become a Yogi, a seeker of truth, a devotee. If an aspirant develops the sentiment from the very beginning that he is not a worldly person, but he is an aspirant, then this spiritual practice will move forward very quickly. Just as during the boy's wedding when he becomes a "groom," then his walk suddenly changes, because in his sense of self (ego) this point gets etched that "I am the groom". In the same way, in an aspirant's ego the following point should become fixed that "I am an aspirant." If instead his ego has the feeling that "I am of this world" (sansaari), then worldly activities will be undertaken well, but the spiritual practices will not go great. That which gets imprinted in the ego, becomes very easy to do. Therefore, it is extremely essential for an aspirant to change his ego. He who does not do his spiritual disciplines while becoming a servant, a seeker, or a devotee, his efforts are not wasted, but the accomplishments are not in the present. Therefore spiritual practices must be done accepting yourself as - I am a sadhak, I am a karmayogi, I am a jnanayogi, or I am a bhaktiyogi.

A name for Karmayog is serving. Therefore, an aspirant of Karmayog must bring the point "I am a servant" into his sense of self (ego). When "I am a servant" is in the self-image (ego), then the point that my work is to serve, and my work is not to want anything. For all aspirants, this is the main point that I do not want to take anything from the world. I do not want to be selfish, or an enjoyer of pleasures. I am not a sadhak to gain worldly pleasures. He who wants pleasures is not a servant. Whatever type of aspirant it may be, he will first and the foremost have to bid farewell to pleasures. A sadhak's work is to do his spiritual practice, not to enjoy pleasures. He who is an enjoyer of pleasures (bhogi), he cannot be a sadhak. An enjoyer of pleasures (bhogi) is a "rogi" (ill person), not a "yogi" (equaminity). A bhogi will have to undergo suffering. He can never be saved from suffering.

A servant is one who serves at all times. Even if he is eating, it is serving, performing his daily purification (defecation-bath etc) routine then too it is serving, washing clothes, then too it is serving, trading-conducting business then too it is serving. Whatever work he does, he does it with the sentiments of serving. However, this will happen when the sentiments within him are that "I am only a servant". If his predominant sentiment is that – "I am a man" or "I am a Brahmin" or "I am a Vaisya" or "I am a householder", or "I am an ascetic (sadhu)' etc. and thereafter he has the sentiment that "I am a servant" then his karmayog will not be that great. In karmayog, the first and foremost sentiment should be that "I am a servant" and then other sentiments such as I am a man etc. Similarly, with "I am a bhakt (devotee)" and "I am a seeker of truth" or "I am a sadhak" these sentiments should be foremost. Just as in a Brahmin the feeling that "I am a Brahmin" is ever present and awakened, similarly, in an aspirant – "I am a sadhak" this should be the vigilance at all times. By this being so, the sentiments of being a man or being this body will be wiped out. When the sentiments are "I am a man", it is the human body of the five elements, and when it is "I am a sadhak (servant, enquirer of truth, or devotee) - it is an inner dispositions. When the inner sentiments are predominant, spiritual practices take place continuously.

(to be continued)

From "Satsang Muktahaar" in Hindi by Swami Ramsukhdasji

*********************************************************

If in doubt regarding the translation, please read the original Hindi message by Swamiji.

FOR MESSAGE IN HINDI PLEASE VISIT Date : 3rd February, 2012 "SADHAKUPYOGI AMOOLYA BAATE"


ENGLISH: www.swamiramsukhdasji.net
HINDI : www.swamiramsukhdasji.org